When an individual passes away and cremation services in Clarksburg, MD, need to be scheduled; a few things will need to be addressed before making the appointment. Having the appropriate paperwork requires many organizations to stop expecting payments or to receive compensation. So, understanding what is needed is a priority, and here is a list of some potential documents required.
The first documents that may be required can involve multiple statements such as:
- Bank accounts
- Brokerage accounts
- Life insurance policy information
- Bond or stock information
- Titles for boats or vehicles
- Real estate information
You may also need to consider if there are any beneficiaries involved that will be paid from accounts that transfer when the individual passes away.
In the situation where the individual owns a business, other specific documents will be required.
- Tax returns specifically for the business
- Any licenses, whether local or state
- If the individual had contracts from vehicle loans or leases
- Titles for vehicles specifically for the business
- Statements for bank accounts or retirement accounts
- Partnership documents which could include shareholders agreements or original stock certificates
Because utilities are a specific requirement, there will be the possibility of multiple bills that will need to be addressed or canceled.
- Medical expenses from procedures
- Tax bills regarding any real estate investments
- Utility or phone bills
- If the individual had credit cards or personal loans
- Any remaining mortgages
Keep in mind there may also be miscellaneous bills which could include storage unit rental, funeral expenses, or gym memberships. And as you go through the paperwork, you may find that there are other outside agencies that the deceased was involved in that they were making monthly payments to.
There may also be contracts the loved one held that were not fully completed that need to be finalized.
- Automobile or real estate leases
- Lines of credit or promissory notes
- If the individual had a prenuptial agreement or a postnuptial, they will both need to be addressed and checked for amendments.
Estate and Taxes
Some of the last documents you will need to address will be any testaments or tax returns that need to be finalized.
From Community to Family, we are There
When the individual does pass away, the main piece of paperwork needed is the certificate of death. There may be situations where you will need a photo ID for the individual or certifications, such as marriage or divorce for specific agencies.
Losing a loved one is complicated enough, but when you’re trying to plan cremation services in Clarksburg, MD, and have no idea where to start, it can be an incredibly confusing process. Snowden Funeral Home is a locally owned and highly qualified company that cares deeply about our community. We take pride in offering the highest quality customer service on the market and would love to help you as you go through your planning process. If you would like more information or schedule an appointment, contact us today.