After an individual has had to plan cremation services in Clarksburg, MD, for a loved one, they might feel a sense of confusion as they try to learn how to live their life without the individual. There can be tasks around their home that they need help with, and one of these might be meal planning. This is especially true if a two-parent household has lost a parent and their children to take care of, so providing easy-to-make meals can decrease their stress levels, and here are some ideas.
Easy Food Options
One of the main things you want to remember is if you are preparing meals for individuals, bring them the food in a pan that they do not have to return. There are just a couple of things you will want to keep in mind when planning a food service for a household.
- Check for any food intolerances or allergies
- If there are food preferences such as vegetarians or vegans
- If the household has kitchenware that can accommodate such as an oven or microwave
- When the best times for drop off of the meals are
- If they want individuals to stay and visit before leaving
The whole idea is to provide meals that can create the most ease for the individuals involved so they can stay focused on other household items that need prioritizing.
- Casseroles like lasagna or baked spaghetti can be great options as long as the family has a way to warm up the food if they choose.
- Specialty salads or a plain garden salad can be easily prepared and supply a dressing that the family enjoys.
- Enchiladas and burritos can also be prepared in a pan and create a simple warm-up option that takes little work.
- Chicken and vegetables that are pan-roasted are a healthy option.
- Macaroni and cheese is a great comfort food option.
- A homemade pot pie can offer comfort and nourishment with minor cleanup.
- Preparing packets that are individually wrapped with a fish entrée.
- Bringing all the items to put together sandwiches allows the individuals to eat when they’re ready, so there’s more flexibility.
- A chili is always a great option, and it doesn’t hurt to bring some cornbread along with it.
- If the household loves pasta, you could always consider making an Alfredo or a simple marinara sauce with noodles.
For the Kids
If the household has children in it, you could consider creating a pizza bar that could be a fun event. In addition to this, providing finger foods like chicken nugget’s price can also be a welcome option.
Commitment From Start to Finish
Losing a loved one is hard enough but trying to plan the cremation services in Clarksburg, MD, can feel like an even greater challenge if you’ve never had to go through it before. We are a locally owned company that takes great pride in serving our community and would love to help you through the process if you need to schedule services. We are here to help, so call us today to schedule an appointment.